Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Rings

Lately I've been trying to make rings. Specifically rings with stones or cabochons. I've found It is pretty easy to do an ok ring, much harder to do a great ring.I haven't progressed much further with the wax carving but I have discovered that you can buy wax in preformed shapes, round wires, square wires, rectangle wires etc.There are also wax cleaning solutions, creamy way for filling minor blemishes,special wax for welding other wax together etc.That should make life much easier.This place "House of Jewellery" has everything you could want for wax carving and everything else jewellery related, and are located in Brisbane and Sydney.(all I need now is some spare cash!) I did buy some sterling silver, and some silver soldering paste from A.E.Metal.
Here are some pictures of various rings I've been making.



Not much really sale-able although the pink Paua shell one looks pretty good.


No comments: