Popular Posts

Monday, August 13, 2012

My electric guitar in my previous post is currently in the window of The Collective store in Wynnum,Brisbane. I am currently their "featured Artist" which gives me the prime spot in the window and a big poster with a bit of an interview about me and my work.Apparently it has created quite a bit of interest and continues to bring new customers through the door. I needed something interesting for the window display in addition to my guitar and a few of my tools, so I decided to make a steampunk inspired clock.
It turned out quite nicely although was very time consuming...more on that later. It also sold very quickly, in fact two women tried to buy it at the same time and it nearly caused a fight in the shop! It's pretty cool for a maker to have customers fighting over your stuff! Anyway I needed something else to fill the gap in the window and so I made this clock also.
It is now also in The Collective store in Wynnum.It is made from a variety of bits and pieces.It has a lot of things which move and can be fiddled with, levers and knobs and turning cogs etc. I particularly like the "joystick" thingy made from a glass bead and a clock part handle.

No comments: